Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
18-26 (Objectives 18-3, 18-4) In testing cash disbursements for the Jay Klein Company, you obtained an understanding of internal control. The controls are reasonably good, and no unusual audit problems arose in previous years.
Although there are not many individuals in the accounting department, there is a reasonable separation of duties in the organization. There is a separate purchasing agent who is responsible for ordering goods and a separate receiving department that counts the goods when they are received and prepares receiving reports. There is a separation of duties between recording acquisitions and cash disbursements, and all information is recorded in the two journals independently. The controller reviews all supporting documents before signing the checks, and he immediately mails the checks to the vendors. Check copies are used for subsequent recording.
All aspects of internal control seem satisfactory to you, and you perform minimum tests of 25 transactions as a means of assessing control risk. In your tests, you discover the following exceptions:
1. One invoice was paid twice. The second payment was supported by a duplicate copy of the invoice. Both copies of the invoice were marked paid.
2. Two items in the acquisitions journal were misclassified.
3. Three invoices were not initialed by the controller, but there were no dollar misstatements evident in the transactions.
4. Five receiving reports were recorded in the acquisitions journal at least 2 weeks later than their date on the receiving report.
5. Two receiving reports for vendors invoices were missing from the transaction packets. One vendors invoice had an extension error, and the invoice was initialed that the amount had been checked.
6. One check amount in the cash disbursements journal was for $100 less than the amount stated on the vendors invoice.
7. One voided check was missing.
Identify whether each of 1 through 7 is a control test deviation, a monetary misstatement, or both.
For each exception, identify which transaction-related audit objective was not met.
What is the audit importance of each of these exceptions?
What follow-up procedures would you use to determine more about the nature of each exception?
How would each of these exceptions affect rest of the your audit? Be specific.
Identify internal controls that should have prevented each misstatement.
This question first appeared on Write My Essay
The post WEEK 4 TEXTBOOK PROBLEM Essay Dissertation Research Help appeared first on Write my Essay | I need help with my School Assignment.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|