“Leonardo, the Renaissance Master” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Many people have different perceptions of the moment captured in Leonardo’s Last Supper painting. Share your thoughts on the following questions:
- Why do you think the disciples are shown on the same side of the table?
- Which of Leonardo’s most well-known techniques do you believe gives the most realism to his paintings? Explain your answer.
Leonardo da Vinci
- Chapter 14 (pp. 489-492), art of da Vinci; review Week 7 Music Folder
- Partial restoration of the Last Supper at http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/LeonardoLastSupper.htm
- Images, article, and 16th century copy of the Last Supper at http://www.abcgallery.com/L/leonardo/leonardo4.html
- Leonardo’s work in science and invention at http://www.museoscienza.org/english/leonardo/models-exhibited (scroll down to thumbnail photos; click to enlarge and read more information)
Week 7 Discussion Template: Please copy, fill in with your own research and words: Template for Week Discussion Please fill in each section with your summary of your research using your own words.
Please copy and paste template: Fill in template, copy and paste to Blackboard (please no attachments are allowed in discussion area, those using tablets or phones cannot open attachments, therefore unable to read or comment on your post.) Minimum of 125 Words
Hello incredible classmates and Dr. C , here is my main discussion post for Week 7 Discussion – “Leonardo, the Renaissance Master“, I hope you enjoy it. It was fun learning about Leonardo da Vinci this week:
Assessing Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper
- Ok, so first let’s tackle the question of why he puts all the disciples on the same side of the table. Obviously in real life no one eats dinner with everyone on one side of the table right? So why does he choose to paint it in this way? Give me a few sentences as to why you think did that and then assess a little bit about what you think of this work. Then discuss some of the painting techniques he used. This website http://www.italianrenaissance.org/a-closer-look-leonardo-da-vincis-last-supper/ will be helpful for finding information about his techniques. Of course, remember to put all of this in your words. This section should probably be at least two paragraphs
The invention of Leonardo that I find most fascinating was
- Pick one of his inventions and tell me why you think it was significant and cool. This website lists a bunch of them in great detailhttp://www.museoscienza.org/english/leonardo/models-exhibited so that should get you started here. For some reason, last term a bunch of people cited the Mona Lisa as an invention, which it is not, so steer clear of assessing that here please
A modern comparison to Leonardo would be
- Ok, this should be fun. Leonardo is often described as the epitome of a ‘Renaissance Man’, but what does that mean? A Renaissance Man is someone who was so skilled in many areas and was a real game changer in the world. Remember for this section someone who did something amazing in just one area of the world would be a weak comparison. Leonardo was a painter, inventor, weapons designer, etc. and was amazing at all of those things. Who today reminds of someone like that? So name the person and then explain WHY you think they are a modern Renaissance Man.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|