For this journal assignment, you will identify the fallacy each argument is making, then explain how it is fallacious using the identified fallacy. Here is an example:
1. The sign on the deli door says “No Animals allowed.” I guess we’ll have to find another place for lunch, since we’re humans and humans are clearly animals.
This argument commits the fallacy of equivocation, which “occurs when a key terms in an argument is ambiguous” (Boss, 137). Here, the term “animals” can be interpreted two ways: non-human animals like pets, or animals in the more inclusive sense to also include humans.
Each question below will be worth two points each; one point if you correctly identify the fallacy, and one point if you correctly explain how the fallacy applies. Remember to cite your sources!
- You shouldn’t listen to Tom’s ideas about implementing a new recycling program on campus; he’s a loser!
- Atoms are invisible to the naked eye. Therefore, I must be invisible since I am made up of atoms.
- I don’t see why you are so concerned with global warming and switching your light bubs to those new energy-efficient ones. Terrorism is a much bigger threat than global warming.
- Embryonic stem cell research should be banned. It is a gateway to all other sorts of genetic engineering in humans and will lead to the exploitation of poor women as fetus farms.
- Clarrisa had to drop out of college because she gained ten pounds her freshman year and is worried this will increase her risk of getting diabetes. Clearly, higher education is hazardous to your health!
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|