Creating a Project
Follow the instructions below to create a small project file to submit to your instructor.
- Sign up for the free trial of Smartsheet . (http://www.smartsheet.com/signup?trp=17) Note that this free trial version is only available for 30 days from sign up.
- Click the Create New tab. On the left hand side you will see the Template Gallery.
- Select Project Management from the left hand list.
- Scroll down the template list and search for Basic Project with Gantt & Dependencies. and click Use Template under template option:.
- Name your sheet as first name.last name.inf410.w2 (example: jane.doe.inf410.w2) and leave all options checked.
- Review the following video tutorials. Tutorial #1, Tutorial #2, and Tutorial #5. Note: although the tutorials are for Microsoft Project software, Smartsheet has the same Gantt chart functionality.
- Once it comes up, you will see the Gantt view. To see the rest of the tabs (duration tab), move the border of the calendar over to the right or click on the Grid View Button under the home tab and that will show the rest of the menu tabs.
- Modify the work breakdown structure names and levels to look exactly how it is shown in Tutorial #2 (the basic breakdown structure is already provided for you in the Smartsheet template) and enter the tasks exactly how the video tutorial describes. You will need to add and remove rows along with indenting and outdenting to complete this assignment. Start and finish dates do not have to be copied from the video example.
- Select the durations of the tasks as shown in Tutorial #5. Use the exact durations shown in Tutorial #5 for your assignment. You do not need to use the alternative timeframes, as shown in Tutorial #5. You can keep everything in single numerical days.
- Save your project.
- Under the Home window on the left side of the project tab, click on the paper icon, select Export from the dropdown list and Export to Excel to save your file as an Excel document on your computer, keeping the file name already assigned in Step 3.
- Submit the file by following the Waypoint Assignment Submission instructions.
- Experiment with some of the features of the program that may help you to organize and track your future projects. (Not graded but encouraged.)
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|