1) A survey of 900 subscribers to the Los Angeles Times revealed that 700 people subscribe to the daily morning edition and 400 subscribe to both the daily and the Sunday editions.How many subscribe to the Sunday edition?
2) Three different types of monthly commuter passes are offered by a city’s local transit authority for three different groups of passengers. How many different kinds of passes must be possible?
3) In a card game, a 2-card hand consisting of an ace and either a face card of diamond or a 10 is called a win. If a standard 52-card deck is used, determine how many winning hands can be dealt.(A face card is a jack, queen, or king.)
4) An opinion poll is to be conducted among cable TV viewers. Four multiple-choice questions, each with three possible answers, will be asked. In how many different ways can a viewer complete the poll if exactly one response is given to each question?
5) A warranty identification number for a certain product consists of a letter of the alphabet followed by a four-digit number. How many possible identification numbers are there if the first digit of the four-digit number must be nonzero?
6) An exam consists of six true-or-false questions. Assuming that every question is answered, in how many different ways can a student complete the exam? In how many ways may the exam be completed if a penalty is imposed for each incorrect answer, so that a student may leave some questions unanswered?
7) A Social Security number has seven digits. How many Social Security numbers are possible?
8) In a survey conducted by a union, members were asked to rate the importance of the following issues: (1) job security, (2) increased fringe benefits, and (3) improved working conditions. Six different responses were allowed for each issue. Among completed surveys, how many different responses to this survey were possible?
9 The 2010 BMW 335i Coupe is offered with a choice of 9 exterior colors (7 metallic and 2 standard), 5 interior colors, and 4 trims. How many combinations involving color and trim are available for the model?
10) How many international direct-dialing numbers are possible if each number consists of a four-digit area code (the first digit of which must be nonzero) and an eight-digit telephone number (the first digit must be nonzero)?
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|