Assignment 1: DiscussionLogistics Management as a Sustainable Differentiator
In today’s global competitive environment, organizations are trying to leverage efficiencies in their supply chain to drive down costs, reduce inventories, and grow their operating margins as they seek to deliver increased value to their consumers. Many companies have tried to create efficient supply chains as a way create sustainable differentiators in the global business environment.
Using the University online library resources and valid Internet sites, research an organization in the manufacturing, retail, service, or technology industry that has undertaken special efforts to enhancing its supply chain.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Discuss the efforts the organization has made to increase collaboration with its supply chain partners in an attempt to create value.
- What kind of advantage has this created for the organization? Can the company sustain the advantage to generate a long-term differentiation from its competitors?
- Why has this organization succeeded or failed in effectively leveraging its supply chain efficiencies into a sustainable differentiator?
- Base your analysis on published scholarly articles and not just your own opinions.
By Monday, November 3, 2014, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Sunday, November 9, 2014, comment on at least two of your peers responses.
Write your initial response in 300500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Assignment 2: Supply Chain
Managing a business supply chain involves maximizing the flow of materials and information from raw materials to finished product. The strategy for carrying out individual components of the process is affected by and may be changed due to many things including industry, current product life cycle stage, production and delivery costs, product profitability, and competition. For example, a company in the manufacturing industry could build a second warehouse closer to its customers if delivery costs increased. An example in the service industry would be a restaurant changing vendors due to increased material costs.
In this assignment, you will identify the supply chain process and strategy for the operations of a business from either the service industry or manufacturing industry.
Using the module readings, the University online library resources, and the Internet, address the following:
- Identify a product or service and assess the location where the company offers it in the supply chain. Define the stage in the product life cycle.
- Develop a questionnaire with 1012 questions that will allow you to do the following:
- Explain what the company does to protect its business and manage risks.
- Analyze cost savings by determining the return on investment (ROI) for one product offered by the company.
- Identify the companys competitors and determine who owns what market share for the product.
- Evaluate how the company manages production or delivery of service.
- Defend your choice of questions and support your selection with scholarly articles.
Your final product will include two deliverables. In addition to submitting your questionnaire, submit a 23-page paper in Word format. Include a minimum of three scholarly articles to complete your research. Your writing should be clear, concise, and organized. Demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of resources. Display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M2_A2.doc.
By Thursday, November 6, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M2: Assignment 2 Drop box.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|