Marwan has worked at Studio Five Theme Park as a character actor portraying a swash-buckling pirate. He does not have an employment contract. He loves his job because of his seniority with the company and all the attention he receives from the guests in the park. Unknown to anyone, his prosthetic leg has no noticeable impact on Marwan’s success in this position.
Marwan has become an accomplished flirt with all this attention, and now goes to the extent of placing his hands on the female guests’ behinds when posing for pictures. The women he has encountered so far have not complained, didn’t seem to mind, or they were taken by such surprise they were not sure how to respond.
One day, Marwan grabbed the breast of one of his fellow female actors who had been recently hired. When she threatened to report him, Marwan told her that he could get her fired if she did not go on a date with him. The fellow employee reported the incident anyway and Marwan was terminated immediately. Marwan contends that he was terminated as a result of physical disability.
Research employment law related to hiring/firing and discrimination, using online library resources, and the Internet. Based on the facts of the case and research, write an analytical paper. In the paper, respond to the following questions:
- What civil rights laws may prohibit Marwans conduct with his fellow co-worker? Do those laws apply to his conduct toward the park guest? Explain both answers.
- Did Marwan commit sexual harassment? If so, what type? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- What is the legal nature of Marwans employment? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- What actions and steps should Studio Five take against Marwan? Explain what actions you considered and why you either recommend them or reject them.
- Discuss Marwans allegation that he is being discriminated against based on his disability and what response Studio Five may have to that allegation. What would each of them have to prove in court?
- If the female employee sues Studio Five Theme Park, what defenses can Studio Five use? Are they liable for Marwans conduct even if they were unaware of and did not approve of Marwan’s actions? Explain your answers and the terms you use.
- If Marwan was a member of a union that had a collective bargaining agreement with Studio Five, would that change any of your previous answers? If so, why?
- What types of company policies, procedures, and actions should businesses employ to avoid harassment of their employees?
Write a ten-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|