1. All of the following are valid methods of coping with stress except for
A. blue lining.
C. changing your goals.
D. learned helplessness.
2. The scientific method involves
A. theories and operational definitions as well as hypotheses and research.
B. hypotheses and research.
C. theories and operational definitions.
D. neither theories and operational definitions nor hypotheses and research.
3. Pavlov’s classical conditioning experiment involved conditioned response, unconditioned response, _______, and _______.
A. neutral stimulus; distinction
B. neutral response; distinction
C. neutral response; extinction
D. neutral stimulus; extinction
4. To be considered obese, a person must be _______ percent above the average weight for a person of his/her height.
5. How often is the following statement true? To successfully conduct experimental research, it’s important to have signed informed consents from participants.
A. The statement is false.
B. The statement is true occasionally.
C. The statement is true most of the time.
D. The statement is always true.
6. All of the following are examples of types of influences we encounter except
7. Bandura’s Bobo Doll experiment demonstrated
B. observational learning.
D. social identity.
8. Behavioral therapy would employ all of the following treatment techniques except
B. exposure treatment.
C. systematic desensitization.
D. aversive conditioning.
9. Insomnia affects approximately _______ percent of people and nearly _______ million people suffer from sleep apnea.
A. 10; 20
B. 30; 10
C. 30; 20
D. 20; 30
10. Smoking even though you know there is a great chance of getting cancer is a good example of
B. social cognition.
C. cognitive dissonance.
D. attribution theory.
11. The textbook discusses the DSM-IV TR. What does that mean?
A. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition Transfers
B. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition Text Revision
C. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Dementia, Fourth Edition Text Revision
D. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Dementia, Fourth Edition Transfers
12. Alissa and Allen are discussing Freudian defense mechanisms. Alissa says both repression and regression are Freudian defense mechanisms, while Allen insists sublimation is one as well. Who is correct?
A. Only Allen is correct.
B. Both Alissa and Allen are correct.
C. Only Alissa is correct.
D. Neither Alissa nor Allen is correct.
13. The somatic division links the brain to
A. the heart.
B. the liver.
C. the spinal cord.
D. the kidneys.
14. If you believe that the body is a machine and will eventually stop working efficiently, you believe in the _______ theory.
A. wear-and-tear theory
B. genetic preprogramming theory
C. second shift theory
D. disengagement theory
15. The endocrine system is a chemical communication system that sends messages throughout the body via the
16. Sabrina, Ali, and Jasmine are discussing the differences between central route processing and peripheral route processing. Jasmine believes that peripheral route processing is what results when a person thoughtfully considers the issues and arguments involved in a persuasive argument. Ali says central route processing is when a person is persuaded by factors irrelevant or extraneous to the issue. Sabrina insists they’ve both got the definitions mixed up. Who is correct?
C. Sabrina and Ali
D. Ali and Jasmine
17. Common childhood disorders include all of the following except
18. A newly formed cell caused by the union of an egg and sperm is called a/am
End of exam
19. The James–Lange theory says that emotional experience is a reaction to
A. both physiological arousal and emotional experience as well as nerve stimuli.
B. a combination of nonspecific kinds of physiological arousal and its interpretations.
C. bodily events occurring as a result of an external situation.
D. a combination of bodily events occurring as a result of external situation and physiological arousal and emotional experience.
20. All of the following are common changes that occur in adulthood except
B. life reviews.
C. midlife transitions.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|