Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Concerns for Corrections Staff and Inmates
Due Week 7 and worth 150 points
Use your state’s Tennessee Department of Corrections Website, as well as the Strayer Library, to research the roles of correctional staff within the correctional organization.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Distinguish between administrative staff, program staff, and custodial staff; and discuss the importance of each.
- Rank the four (4) types of power available to correctional staff in order of importance (one  being the most important, four  being the least important). Provide a rationale for your ranking.
- Prioritize the following corrections staff concerns, with one (1) being the most important and four (4), the least important: funding, radical inmates, multi-generations, and mental health issues in order of importance. Speculate on the major impact, whether negative or positive, that each concern will have on corrections staff overall. Justify your response.
- It is widely known that corrections personnel often experience compassion fatigue or the reduced capacity to be empathetic of an offenders circumstance. Speculate on both the reason for such indifference and the long term consequence of such behavior. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend improvements to selected areas of corrections.
- Analyze the operational components of prisons, jails, and alternative correctional placements.
- Classify inmate types, explaining the issues involved and the purposes served within prison society by various types.
- Examine gender issues involved in corrections.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in correctional facility policies.
- Write clearly and concisely about correctional facility policies using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|