I Live in a Desert Biome Please do not do this assignment on anything besides a desert biome. I live in whats called the high desert it is extremely hot year around except in winter then it is freezing and sometimes snows! Look it up if you dont know what it is. Academic slides= actual work not clip art of images. No more than 20 slides!
Assignment 2: LASA 1: Organisms in Your Biome
In this assignment, you will create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that exhibits the different organisms in your current biome.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe Your Own Environment
Consider the natural environment or biome found in the geographic area where you currently live. For example, if you live in the Midwest, the natural biome for this area is the grassland. If you live in Alaska you are likely to live in either the tundra or the boreal forest. Describe the main features of the biome found in your geographic area. Include features such as the environment (moisture, temperature) and any topographic features that would influence the climate (mountains, large bodies of water, etc.).
- Identify Ten Organisms
Make a list identifying at least ten organisms—at least five plants and five animals—that live in your biome, and describe how these organisms interact with one another. For example, is the relationship competitive or symbiotic?
- Describe Each Organism and its Environmental Needs
In the speaker notes section in your presentation, briefly describe these ten organisms and the type of conditions—that is, moisture, warm temperatures, or a type of plant—they need in order to survive. Be sure to include the interactions between these organisms and the resources they need to survive. You may wish to use various tools available in Microsoft PowerPoint to visually depict these relationships.
- Hypothesis of a New Environment
Consider a situation where the temperature of the climate was to increase by an average of ten degrees Celsius. Address the following:
- How would these organisms survive if the temperature warmed up this much?
- Would they stay or move to a more suitable environment?
- Would a new species move in?
- How would migratory species be impacted?
- What would happen to your biome?
Now, consider if your biome changes with the temperature shift. Address the following:
- What types of plants and animals do you think would live there?
- What will happen to the rarer species? Will they cease to exist?
- Identify five plants and five animals that you feel would inhabit this warmer area.
- Describe this new ecosystem and the new interactions that will most likely exist.
- Additional Topics to Include
- How would environmental management practices change in your area?
- Would this drastic shift in temperature impact culture and society in your area?
- Would you still choose to live in this area after a drastic shift in temperature? Give reasons to support your answer.
Use pictures from the Internet to represent your chosen species, and give credit to these Web sites. Support your statements with 3–5 credible sources. Use the last slide of your presentation as a reference slide.
Develop a 10–15-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.ppt.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|