1. You observed the bid rate of a New Zealand dollar is $.3325 while the ask rate is $.3342 at Bank X. The bid rate of the New Zealand dollar is $.3232 while the ask rate is $.3249 at Bank Y. What would be your dollar amount profit if you use $2,000,000 to execute locational arbitrage?
2. The following is market information:
Current spot rate of pound
90-day forward rate of pound
3-month deposit rate in U.S.
3-month deposit rate in Great Britain
If you have $100,000 and use covered interest arbitrage for a 90-day investment, what will be the amount of U.S. dollars you will have after 90 days?
3. Assume the following information:
Current spot rate of Australian dollar
Forecasted spot rate of Australian dollar 1 year from now
1-year forward rate of Australian dollar
Annual interest rate for Australian dollar deposit
Annual interest rate in the U.S.
What is your percentage return from covered interest arbitrage with $500,000?
4.The inflation rate in the U.S. is 3%, while the inflation rate in Japan is 2%. The current exchange rate is $1 equal to 101 Japanese yen. If purchasing power parity condition is existed, what is the new exchange rate for the yen?
5. The interest rate in the U.K. is 2%, while the interest rate in the U.S. is 1.5%. The spot rate for the British pound is $1.45. According to the international Fisher effect (IFE), what is new level of the British pound?
6. Bronco Co. is a U.S.-based MNC that has subsidiaries in Spain and Germany. Both subsidiaries frequently remit their earnings back to the parent company. The Spain subsidiary generated a net outflow of 1,000,000 this year, while the German subsidiary generated a net inflow of 2,500,000. What is the net inflow or outflow as measured in U.S. dollars this year? The exchange rate for the euro is $1.27.
7. If one-year nominal interest rate in the U.S. is 3%, while the one-year nominal interest rate in Australia is 5%. The spot rate of the Australian dollar is $.96. Interest Parity is held. You will need 5 million Australian dollars in one year. Today, you purchase a one-year forward contract in Australian dollars. How many U.S. dollars will you need in one year to fulfill your forward contract?
8. Today, the one-year U.S. interest rate is 2%, while the one-year interest rate in Mexico is 6%. The spot rate of the Mexico peso (MXP) is $.08 The one-year forward rate of the MXP exhibits a 11% discount. Determine the yield (percentage return on investment) to an investor from Mexico who engages in covered interest arbitrage.
9. Current one-year interest rates in Europe is 2 percent, while one-year interest rates in the U.S. is 1.5 percent. You convert $100,000 to euros and invests them in France. One year later, you convert the euros back to dollars. The current spot rate of the euro is $1.28.
a. According to the IFE, what should the spot rate of the euro in one year be?
b. If the spot rate of the euro in one year is $1.20, what is your percentage return from your investment?
c. If the spot rate of the euro in one year is $1.35, what is your percentage return from your investment?
d. What must the spot rate of the euro be in one year for your strategy to be successful?
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|