Final Film Critique
**Students are required to submit your paper to Turnitin prior to submitting it for grading. Please review the Turnitin student guide and information sheet under the Learning Resources tab. This resource will help ensure the originality and integrity of your work.***
Review the critical analysis questions in the Conclusion and Critics Resource section of your textbook. Write an eight to ten page film critique (excluding the cover and reference pages) of an American feature film of your choosing. Use the list of critical analysis questions provided in your textbook as a guide while writing your paper.
Areas that must be covered:
- Style and Directing
- Impact of society on the film and vice versa
- Application of at least one approach to analysis and interpretation
- Overall textual themes
· Students must select a film that they have not previously explored in class, either in written assignments or discussion posts.
· Students must establish a coherent thesis statement in the introduction of their paper with a claim that they intend to prove. The body of the essay serves to support the thesis through an analysis of the film and other relevant material. Avoid simply rehashing descriptive material from other source.
· Support your thesis through textual and formal analysis. Refer to specific shots, scenes, characters, stylistic devices, and themes in the film.
· As much as possible, use technical, literary and industry terms to make your points.
· If needed, you may use additional resources to support your claims. Suggested sources might include academic books and articles; film reviews; and personal opinions from reputable film critics and scholars. Information other than production details obtained from popular sources such as The Internet Movie Database and Wikipedia is not considered reputable.
· Only use plot information to support the thematic points of the paper. Include only one to two sentences of plot summary when explaining each of the required filmic elements.
· Also, students should not choose a film that the authors of the textbook have analyzed in detail.
Writing the Final Film Critique
The Final Film Critique:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages (excluding the cover and reference pages) in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Name of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|