Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
ACCT 555 Midterm Exam
Question 1. (TCO F) Which of the following procedures should an auditor generally perform regarding subsequent events?
Question 2. (TCO A) An auditor reads the letter of transmittal accompanying a countys comprehensive annual financial report and identifies a material inconsistency with the financial statements. The auditor determines that the financial statements do not require revision. Which of the following actions should the auditor take?
Question 3. (TCO F) An auditors independence is considered impaired if the auditor has:
Question 4. (TCO B) When an independent CPA is associated with the financial statements of a publicly held entity but has not audited or reviewed such statements, the appropriate form of report to be issued must include a(an):
Question 5. (TCO F) Which is not a characteristic of the reliability of evidence?
Question 6. (TCO C) According to PCAOB standards, the nature and extent of required planning activities for an issuer audit are influenced by all of the following factors, except for:
Question 7. (TCO F) Analytical procedures must be used during which phase(s) of the audit? Test of controls OR planning OR completion
Question 8. (TCO F) In a financial statement audit, inherent risk is evaluated to help an auditor assess which of the following?
Question 9. (TCO F) The primary purpose of performing analytical procedures in the planning phase of an audit is to
Question 10. (TCO G) The most widely used profitability ratio is
Question 11. (TCO G) Which ratio is best used to assess a companys ability to meet its long-term debt obligations?
ACCT 555 Midterm Exam : Page: 2
Question 1. (TCO A) Match the following definitions to the appropriate terms.
Question 2. (TCO B) The following is a portion of a qualified audit report issued for a private company. To the shareholders of Tamarak Corporation, We have audited the accompanying balance sheet of Tamarak Corporation as of October 31, 2009, and the related statements of income, retained earnings, and cash flows for the past year. These financial statements are the responsibility of the companys management. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America. Those standards require that we plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free of material misstatement. An audit includes examining, on a test basis, evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements. An audit also includes assessing the accounting principles used and significant estimates made by management, as well as evaluating the overall financial statement presentation. We believe that our audit provides a reasonable basis for our opinion. The company has included in property and debt in the accompanying balance sheet certain lease obligations that, in our opinion, should be expensed in order to conform with generally accepted accounting principles. If these lease obligations were capitalized, property would be decreased by $4,000,000, long-term debt by $2,000,000, and retained earnings by $180,000 as of October 31, 2009, and net income and earnings per share would be decreased by $180,000 and $0.62, respectively, for the past year. Required: Complete the above qualified audit report by preparing the opinion paragraph. Do not date or sign the report.
Question 3. (TCO C) The following situation involves a possible violation of the AICPAs code of professional conduct. For this situation, (1) determine the applicable rule number from the code, (2) decide whether or not the code has been violated, and (3) briefly explain how the situation violates (or does not violate) the code. Your answer should be set up something like this: Rule # _____ Violation? Yes or No. Provide a one- or two-line explanation. Auditor Tex Gato of the CPA firm Smackey and Smackey, CPAs, enjoyed auditing his favorite client, Super Pup Dog Food, because the client would allow him to take home to his dog a variety of dog food samples that amounted to a years worth of dog food.
Question 4. (TCO C) The following situation involves a possible violation of the AICPAs code of professional conduct. For this situation, (1) determine the applicable rule number from the code, (2) decide whether or not the code has been violated, and (3) briefly explain how the situation violates (or does not violate) the code. Your answer should be set up something like this: Rule # _____ Violation? Yes or No. Provide a one- or two-line explanation. Howard Cunningham & Co., CPAs, designates its firm as Members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. All of the partners of the firm are CPAs. However, one of the partners has recently chosen to allow her membership to lapse because of personal reasons.
Question 5. (TCO C) Under the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX), the audit committee of a public company has specific guidelines to which employees must adhere. Discuss some of the mandated features of the audit committee of a public company under SOX.
Question 6. (TCO D) Discuss some of the steps the AICPA and the accounting profession as a whole can and are taking to reduce practitioners exposure to lawsuits. You answer should provide at least five steps.
Question 7. (TCO F) Match nine of the terms (AK) with the definitions provided below (19). A Foot B Compute C Scan D Inquire E Count F Trace G Recompute H Read I Examine J Observe K Compare _____ 1: A calculation done by the auditor independent of the client _____ 2: Addition of a column of numbers to determine if the total is the same as the clients _____ 3: A comparison of information in two different locations _____ 4: A use of the senses to assess certain activities _____ 5: Following details of transactions from original documents to journals _____ 6: A less detailed examination of a document or record to determine if there is something unusual warranting further investigation _____ 7: Obtaining information from the client in response to specific questions _____ 8: A determination of assets on hand at a given time _____ 9: An examination of written information to determine facts pertinent to the audit
Question 8. (TCO G) Discuss the essential activities involved in the initial planning of an audit.
ACCT 555 Week 8 Final Exam
Question 1. (TCO B) An auditor was unable to obtain sufficient appropriate audit evidence concerning certain transactions due to an inadequacy in the entitys accounting records. The auditor would choose between issuing a(an): (Points : 5)
Question 2. (TCO K) An auditor should consider which of the following when evaluating the ability of a company to continue as a going concern? (Points : 5)
Question 3. (TCO A) An auditors independence is considered impaired if the auditor has: (Points : 5)
Question 4. (TCO H) Which of the following should be included as a written representation from management? (Points : 5)
Question 5. (TCO E) An auditor would most likely be concerned with internal controls that provide reasonable assurance about the: (Points : 5)
Question 1. (TCO A) In performing an ATTEST Engagement A CPA would be required to do what as part of the engagement? (Points : 19)
- (TCO B)When a CPA performs an Audit the Client is always looking to receive a CLEAN OPINION or an Unqualified Opinion. Explain what your client must do for a CPA to justify that Unqualified Opinion? (Points : 19)
- (TCO C) Based upon the below 4 situations explain your position of why or why not the following circumstances would have violated the professions ethical standards when you are a practicing CPA?
- (TCO D)Discuss five steps individual practicing auditors can take to minimize their legal liability. (Points : 19)
- (TCO F)Sarbanes Oxley requires that per Section 404 that Internal Controls within a publicly held company are to be reviewed, evaluated and tested at year end to insure that adequate controls are in place. In addition to understanding the Internal Controls present within your clients company, the auditor must also evaluate whether these controls are in place, and implemented. How does an auditor evaluate these controls to see that they are working and in place?(Points : 19)
Question 1. (TCO E) What is COSO? Describe the 5 elements of COSOs Internal Control-Integrated Framework. Provide an example of each of those components and explain why they are important in providing Reliable Financial Reporting for a company. Please provide a complete answer for full points. (Points : 30)
- (TCO G) Business risk must be assessed in performing an audit. (a) Define business risk in association with an audit and describe several sources of such risk. (b) How does business risk relate to the performance of preliminary analytical procedures in an audit? (c) There are four major areas in planning an audit engagement and there are subparts to each of the four major areas. Please identify the four major areas and the subparts that are associated with the major areas. (Points : 30)
- (TCO H)Audit Risk consists of inherent risk, control risk, and detection risk.
- (TCO I)Accounts Receivable For each of the following, please explain if an auditors review of the clients sales cutoff would detect these problems:
- (TCO J)One of the major problems in a computer system is that incompatible functions may be performed by the same individual. Identify from the below choices the control compensating for inadequate segregation of duties in a computer system. Explain why you have selected your response. (a) Echo Checks (b) A check digit system (c) Computer-Generated hash totals (d) A computer access log (Points : 30)
- (TCO K)You are the Senior Auditor for WWZ Co. and you have completed the testing of all the accounts. However, prior to issuing your report, what are at least five other procedures or reviews that must be performed prior to issuing your report? Explain your responses (Points : 30)
This question first appeared on Write My Essay
The post Final Exam External Auditing Essay Dissertation Research Help appeared first on Write my Essay | I need help with my School Assignment.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|