For this assignment you will be developing a disaster plan to address a hypothetical disaster that could plausibly strike the community that you observed for your Windshield Survey. (In my case, the hypothetical disaster is a HURRICANE)
Also select one of the articles (see attachment) from the list below that addresses a response to a disaster, or provides guidelines for creating a disaster response plan. briefly evaluate the article’s disaster response practices and also explain aspects for the article’s disaster response that would be appropriate to incorporate into your plan, as well as aspects that would not be feasible to incorporate.
Choose one of the following articles
· Almutairi and Rondney’s 2013 article, “Critical Cultural Competence for Culturally Diverse Workforces: Toward Equitable and Peaceful Health Care,” from Advances in Nursing Science, volume 36, issue 3, pages 200212.
· Öztek?n, et al.’s 2014 article, “Educational Needs Concerning Disaster Preparedness and Response: A Comparison of Undergraduate Nursing Students From Istanbul, Turkey, and Miyazaki, Japan,” from Japan Journal of Nursing Science, volume 11, issue 2, pages 94101.
· Yamashita & Kudo’s 2014 article, “How Should We Prepare Differently for the Next Disaster?” from Nursing and Health Sciences, volume 16, issue 1, pages 5659.
· Zaré, et al.’s 2012 article, “Crisis Management of Tohoku; Japan Earthquake and Tsunami, 11 March 2011,” from Iranian Journal of Public Health, volume 41, issue 6, pages 1220.
Your plan should address and include the following:
Section 1: Article Evaluation (1 page)
· An evaluation of the disaster response presented in the article you selected from the provided list.
· An explanation of aspects of the article’s disaster response that you plan on incorporating into your own Disaster Response Plan. Please include your rationale for why you are choosing to incorporate these aspects into your plan.
· An explanation of aspects of the article’s disaster response that would not be appropriate or plausible to include in your disaster response plan. Please include your rationale for why these aspects would not be appropriate or plausible to incorporate these aspects into your plan.
Section 2: Community Disaster Response Plan (5 pages)
· Describe the hypothetical disaster for your surveyed community that your plan will be addressing (HURRICANE). Be sure to include details such as:
§ Scope of the disaster.
§ Intensity of the disaster.
§ Effects on the community environment as a result of the disaster.
§ Immediate health impacts on people in the community.
§ Medium and long-term health impacts on people in the community.
· Communication procedures: When and how should public health department nurses communicate with each other in a disaster? When should they communicate with other first responders, law enforcement, and other resources/responders in a disaster?
· Communication procedures for coordinating care with hospitals and other resources.
§ Note: During disasters, acute care hospitals become overwhelmedless critical patients may be treated at field hospitals, leaving room for critical patients in functioning acute care facilities. Identify who will communicate with whom.
· The triage system you would use for assessing victims.
· How will you address the needs of vulnerable populations (the elderly, children, mentally ill, homeless, and so on)?
· How will you address cultural groups and non-English speaking persons?
· Housing and shelter:
§ How will you let the residents of your community know where to go?
§ What system will you use to fill shelters?
§ How will you communicate shelter capacity to prevent overcrowding the shelters? What resources will you use to help staff shelters?
§ How many nurses will you allocate for shelters? Will you use nurses to staff shelters?
§ Will you use other nursing resources to staff shelters, such as Red Cross, U.S. Commissioned Corps, military nurses, and so on?
· What resources will you use to help provide food, water, and toilet facilities for victims?
§ Who will you call and when will you call?
· What procedures will you implement to prevent disease outbreak?
· How will you care for the needs of the public health department nursing staff?
Other requirements and considerations:
· Your plan should be as detailed as possible.
· Use a minimum of four peer-reviewed journal articles (the article you select from the provided list counts as one of the four) to support the effectiveness of your plan. Be sure to use proper APA style and formatting.
· Include a title page.
· Include a reference page. Be sure to use proper APA style and formatting.
· Times New Roman font, 12 pt.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|