Early childhood educators and administrators play an important role in the development of culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate curricula. As discussed in Chapter 3, the concept of culturally relevant, anti-bias instruction includes planning lessons that are relevant to the children and families in your program. For inspiration, read the article Reading Your Way to a Culturally Responsive Classroom (Links to an external site.). Using the required Lesson Plan Template, create two multicultural lessons that you could conduct as an early childhood professional based on the developmental level of your choice:
- Infant/toddler (must be activity-based)
- Preschool (can be literature- or activity-based)
- Early elementary (must be literature-based)
It is required that you use the Lesson Plan Template to complete this portion of your assignment. It is suggested that you utilize the Early Childhood and Child Development: Lesson Plan Handbook as a guide for how to effectively plan this lesson.
The Culturally Relevant, Developmentally Appropriate Lesson Plan
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|