Assignment 1: The Role of Accounting on Business and Our Society
Due Week 8 and worth 240 points
Accounting increases a student’s preparedness to understand complex business concepts and the rationale managers use to make financing decisions. It is a business discipline that allows companies to analyze, record, and retrieve critical financial information that can be used to determine a company’s financial status, and provide reports and insights that are needed to make sound financial decisions.
Use the Internet or the Strayer Online database to research relevant accounting information to respond to the questions in the assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of each financial statement. Determine which one (1) is the most effective in communicating the financial health of an organization. Defend your position.
- Compare the major functions of an accountant to that of a certified public accountant. Make an argument for and against the importance of accounting and accountants in our society from a U.S. or global perspective.
- Imagine that you have decided to create your own business venture. Determine whether the company will be a service or merchandising company. Describe the differences between the charts of accounts for both companies.
- Based on the company that you selected in 3, make an argument for automating the accounting process, and implement at least three (3) types of internal controls to prevent or detect theft or fraud.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and explain the fundamental concepts and principles in accounting, the components of the accounting equation, the primary financial accounting equation, and financial statements and reports.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting.
- Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|