Write about the material covered in class on 10/14. All the files we heard have been uploaded to iTunesU.
The French tradition (—> spectralism):
1. Debussy: Nocturnes: 1. Nuages (1899)
2. Messiaen: Couleurs de la Cite Celeste (1963)
3. Grisey: Partiels (18 musiciens) (1975)
The American tradition (—> drone, minimalism)
4. Partch: 11 Intrusions: The Rose (1950)
5. La Monte Young: The Well-Tuned Piano (No. 1) (1964)
6. The Velvet Underground: Venus in Furs (1967)
7. Brian Eno: Music for Airports (1/1) (1978)
8. Glenn Branca: The Ascension: Lesson No. 2 (1981)
9. Sonic Youth: Bad Moon Rising: Ghost Bitch (1985)
500 words, double-spaced, 12-pt. sans-serif font, word document. Please make the file name your last name + journal6. Submit your document by clicking on “Journal #6” above.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|