Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements
Read the following scenarios and answer each prompt. Remember, you may complete your project as either a Word document or as a presentation. If you select
a presentation, it should be submitted as 23 slides. If you select a Word document, it should be 12 pages.
Specifically the following critical elements must be addressed:
III. Ethical and Professional Practice
When people see criminal justice practitioners, they expect them to have strong ethical beliefs and act professionally at all times. In this part of the
career investigation, you will now think about some scenarios where each of the branches must act ethically and professionally to see which of the
professions fits best with how you think and act. Read the following scenarios and answer each prompt.
- a) While on duty, a uniformed police officer went to a crowded neighborhood deli at lunchtime to buy a sandwich. The deli owner, Ari, told the
officer that it was on the house and payment was not necessary. What professional and ethical standards should be in place from the police
department to assist this officer in his decision making, and why should they be put in place?
- b) A prison guard was assigned to patrol Cell Block 4. One of the guards high school buddies, Ray, is incarcerated on the same cell block for
possession of narcotics. Cigarettes are not allowed on prison property. While the guard was patrolling the cell block, Ray was smoking a
cigarette. If Ray is reported by the guard, he will not be eligible for parole. Ray pleads the guard to not report him. What professional and ethical
standards should be in place from the prison administration to assist this guard with decision making, and why should they be put in place?
- c) What basic principle of constitutional law must a police officer, but not always a probation officer, follow when conducting an ethical and legal
search of a probationers house? Explain why this law is applicable to this situation.
- d) Select one court case where ethics or professional practice was a driving factor, and discuss the impact of that case in reshaping the role of the
practitioner in the court system. Choose one of the three cases below to complete critical element D. You will use this same case study when
submitting your final project:
- Ashcroft v. Iqbal, 556 U.S. 662 (2009)
- Herring v. United States, 555 U.S. 135 (2009)
- Melendez-Diaz v. Massachusetts, 557 U.S. 305 (2009)
- e) Based on the ethical and professional practices of each of the branches, which career path is most in line with your ethical beliefs and
professional disposition, and why?
This question first appeared on Write My Essay
The post 5-2 Essay Dissertation Research Help appeared first on Write my Essay | I need help with my School Assignment.
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|