“Delivering Bad News”
Select ONE of the following two:
- Consider the methods discussed in Chapter 7: Delivering Bad News Messages in BCOM9 (pages 116-136). Armed with this knowledge, make a recommendation for which method (inductive or deductive) is the best way to deliver bad news. Defend your answer.
- Locate a bad-news message somewhere on the internet and share a link here. Discuss which method (inductive or deductive) it most closely resembles and explain why the author chose to deliver the bad news. What change(s) would you make if you were required to deliver the same message to someone else?
Accessing Non-Renewable Resources
Countries that claim the most access to the planet’s resources continue to grow in population and economy at an increasing pace. This growth places a strain on the availability of non-renewable resources. What responsibility do these countries have in ensuring the rest of the world has fair access to these resources?
Various reform groups with various causes developed in the US in the late 1800s and early 1900s; these are loosely called “Progressives” as they aimed to use government policies or science to improve and advance society. Also, this period was a time when the US started as a major player in international conflicts—first in the “Spanish American War and then in World War I. There were deep isolationist sentiments about such overseas entanglements, and President Wilson first has one position and then the other.
Choose and discuss (in a full paragraph or two) one of the following two topics related to the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- In the Progressive Era (roughly 1890–1920), multiple groups advocated for reforms in various aspects of government, society, and the economy. Discuss here the “muckrakers” and Taylor’s “scientific management”.
- Explain briefly the approach and aim of the “muckrakers” and that of F. W. Taylor.
- Compare their approaches and describe your feelings about them, and relate some modern situation that reminds you of one of these approaches and reform causes.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about the reform cause.
- From the text, Wilson did not maintain his own campaign slogan (“He kept us out of war”).
- Explain with some specifics why Wilson became pro-war. Describe your own feelings on that issue when you look back at it, and whether he was right to change.
- Briefly, identify a similar international consideration today—or of the last 20 years, and what lesson might be drawn from the example in Wilson’s time.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about Wilson.
- Is product placement as popular in new media as it has been in traditional television and film content? Do you think over time audiences become anesthetized to this type of advertising? Support your views with two or three reasons and/or examples. (Cite any sources you referenced.)
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL POSTS ARE DETAILED AND NOT PLAGIARIZED
Looking for solution of this Assignment?
WHY CHOOSE US?
We deliver quality original papers
|Our experts write quality original papers using academic databases.|
|We offer our clients multiple free revisions just to ensure you get what you want.|
|All our prices are discounted which makes it affordable to you. Use code FIRST15 to get your discount|
|We deliver papers that are written from scratch to deliver 100% originality. Our papers are free from plagiarism and NO similarity|
|We will deliver your paper on time even on short notice or short deadline, overnight essay or even an urgent essay|